Thanks to a question posed on Facebook by my friend Sadie from Slapdashmom.com, I am writing 5 Things I’ve Learned from SITS Girls. The SITS Girls is a community of 75,000 bloggers who visit the site to learn how to blog, meet other bloggers, and earn an income by blogging. I have found The SITS Girls site to be a wealth of information and I have met some great people there and have learned some valuable lessons when it comes to all things blogging.
5 Things I’ve Learned from SITS Girls.
1. Build a tribe. The SITS Girls always stress the importance of building a tribe. Network with people to help build their blogs and they will do the same for you. I think it was Zig Ziglar who said: “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.” This applies to all of life, not just blogging. Great words to live by.
2. Know your end. If you don’t know where you are going, how will you know when you get there? You must always keep the end in mind while going forth. It helps you stay focused and on course. Someone once said, “If you don’t know why, the how doesn’t matter.” Again, great words to live by.
3. Power-down time is important. I think I first heard this from Danielle Smith at a SITS Girl Bloggy Boot Camp. Tiffany said it best when she said be all in. When you’re mommying then mommy. When you are hanging with friends, then be there. When you are working then work. Powering down is a way to honor your relationships and keep the focus on the main thing at the right time.
4. Play nice. I do believe that this group of women are some of the nicest I have ever met. They are respectful of all people, even those who can be a little over the top at times. They understand the golden rule that you treat others how you want to be treated, and this is especially true in the blogosphere. Don’t just be all about yourself and your blog. Give credit where credit is due and share the content of others. That’s a key thing when it comes to building a tribe and blogging.
5. You can find out just about anything you want or need to on The SITS Girls’ website and their Facebook page. Photography, DIY, How to Earn Money, just to name a few.
How about you? Are you a fan of The SITS Girls? What have you learned from them?