Our power went out last night. Yes, on Halloween. How scary. I went to bed at my usual time and the lights went out, literally…except for the houses across the street. Happens all the time, but I digress.
Here is my list of 10 Things You Can’t Do Without Electricity.
1) You can’t see the clock when you wake up in the middle of the night to see how much longer you get to sleep.
2) You can’t charge your cell phone while you sleep.
3) You can’t watch your favorite television show before you go to bed (mentioning no names).
4) You can’t see when you get up to go to the bathroom…worse for men.
5) You can’t make your morning smoothie.
6) You can’t get on you computer to check your email, Facebook, play your game or whatever it is you do.
7) You can’t take a hot shower to get your day started off right.
8) You can’t put on you make-up as effectively as you (or those who look at you) would like.
9) You can’t curl or straighten your hair. This alone should move you up on the priority list of the electric company.
10) You can’t save the food in the fridge unless you ice it in coolers, but the freezer seems to be okay.
11) You can’t stay warm without a hoodie and a blankie wrapped around you while you walk around the house.
I know that’s 11. I always like to give a bonus.
Add to the list and tell me what thing YOU can’t do without electricity.