It’s a new year again…how did that happen? Not even going to go there. I’m not a traditional New Year’s resolution kind of person but there are a few things I want to change. Why not now?
I have discovered, or perhaps just admitted to myself, for I do believe I already knew these things, just playing the denial card I guess. Denial is sweet while it lasts but the problem is it never really lasts, but I digress. So I resolve, in a non-traditionally resolving way, to stop wasting time this year. Here is my list of 10 time wasters.
10 Time Wasters
1. Solitaire Blitz. Yep, I play on Facebook. I know it’s not a popular game, not like Candy Crush, but it’s my mindless go-to. Not that having mindless go-tos is a problem, however, I find I go-to too often. Not going to happen…as much. 🙂
2. Regrets. Such a waste of time. I know we all have them but why waste time on them?
3. What ifs. Same as regrets, really, especially if the what ifs are about the past. Let the what ifs (when they come) propel you to do something different.
4. Watching television. I’m not opposed to watching television…every now and then. But why watch others live their lives, ya know?
5. Being a victim or a martyr. Don’t. Just. Don’t.
6. Blame. Things happen to us all. Things beyond our control or not. Blame is irrelevant and a total waste of time. Make the changes you want in your life and stop the blame game.
7. Eating chocolate. Kidding…totally kidding.
8. Participating in conversations that go nowhere (better known as arguments). Agreeing to disagree is a beautiful thing and way more peaceful.
9. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. This is along the same lines as number nine. It’s the definition of insanity, they say.
10. Worrying. Stop. It doesn’t change a thing.
11. Projecting. Projecting into the future, projecting what others think and really mean. Again, a time waster. Who knows? Who cares?
Yes, I know that was eleven but I was feeling generous.
So what about you? Do you make resolutions? Do you have things you think are time wasters that you want to stop doing? Share them!