I have the answer to the question “What is love”. Just kidding. I so DON’T but here are a few thoughts on the subject. The first part of these statements I’ve gathered from various readings and sayings. The last part are my own thoughts. Here are 16 keys to love.
1. I’ve heard it said that you can gauge a person’s love for you by how they treat you when they are upset with you. I’m not sure this is true but it is important to know how they interact with you (or not) when they are upset.
2. Love is a verb, not a noun. I think it can be both.
3.When a light bulb goes out, you fix the light bulb, you don’t get a new house. You get a new house when it’s time to get one, not about the light bulb.
4. No relationship is perfect and there will be conflict. What matters is the desire to solve the problem. And then actually make some changes.
5. Always fight the problem, not the other person. There is truth in this. Usually what you’re fighting about isn’t really what you are fighting about anyway.
6. Confidence isn’t “I know she likes me”, confidence is “I’ll be okay whether she likes me or not.” This is important to know.
7. The grass is not greener on the other side, it’s greener where you water it. No greater truth~
8. Stop trying to find the right person and start trying to BE the right person. Nuff said.
9. It’s better to be happy than to be right. It is totally a waste of time trying to prove you are right.
10. You can’t expect someone to love you when you can’t love yourself. So much truth in this statement.
11. Don’t be afraid to open up and be vulnerable. Vulnerability can bring you closer together and strengthen the two of you. Being vulnerable is a powerful, sometimes scary thing.
12.Don’t fall in love with someone’s potential. See who they are NOW. If you can’t live with that, move on.
13. It takes two happy individuals to make a happy relationship. Always.
14.Honesty, loyalty, trust, and communication are key in a healthy, happy relationship. Always.
15. Be the man or woman you would want your future or current child dating. Would you want your child married to a spouse like you?
16. Keep no secrets, tell no lies.