I have three adult children. They are young adults, so I still remember those teen years. They were fun times, exciting and confusing all rolled into one…and that’s just the parent side of things!
Here are 16 things to remember if you have teens.
1. This too shall pass.
2. It is typical for teens to make dumb, often rash decisions.
3. They really are speaking English even if it doesn’t sound like it.
4. Screamo is considered music.
5. Junk food probably won’t kill them.
6. Just because they look at you like you’re stupid doesn’t mean you are.
7. The little person you loved so much is in there somewhere.
8. Friends are more important than family.
9. The opposite sex is more important than family and friends.
10. It was a long time ago when they decided it was a good idea for a teen to drive.
11. You were once a teen.
12. The teen years are temporary.
13. Texting probably won’t affect their ability to speak.
14. This too shall pass.
15. These are the people who will provide you with grandchildren…hopefully.
16. These are the people who will take care of you when you are old…hopefully
I am blessed to have great kids. But they have had their moments! Although I have often spoken the words, “I just wanted a baby” when experiencing a particularly trying time, I wouldn’t change a thing. It is a pleasure to watch them grow into responsible, caring adults.
What would you add to this list?