5 Relationships Killers
So you want a magic wand for your relationships. Who doesn’t, right? News flash! There isn’t one. But you can navigate the waters of a good relationship if you have the correct tools to work with. These 5 relationship killers will help you master the art of connecting with your partner by learning what not to do.
It is always good to focus on the things that are within our control when it comes to relationships, however, knowing what not to do is a must-know as well. So that’s where we are focusing today.
- Resentment. This is huge and often goes undetected because we tend to let things build up. It’s important to stay connected and keep an open dialogue. Always!
- Lack of communication. While we’re on the topic of dialogue, we will continue in that vane. Communication is key. Learn to do it and do it effectively.
- Unrealistic expectations. Expectations always leads to disappointment. I’m not talking about expecting your spouse to be faithful, that is a given, however, the little things (and even big ones too) will eventually lead to resentments, and we know from # 1 that’s a relationship killer. When it comes to expectations, it’s best not to have them. Communicating your needs and desires is definitely the way to go.
- Not making time for each other. Couples who don’t spend time alone together will begin to drift apart and eventually feel taken for granted. It doesn’t really matter what you do as long as you do it together and find the time to connect.
- Not knowing your partner’s love language. If you’re not sure what this is, then a good place to start is The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. Find out how your mate feels love. Find out how you do as well. Share these things with each other and see what happens.
- Bonus! Not taking responsibility for your actions. Why is it that apologizing comes so hard for some people? It’s no big deal to say you’re sorry! It goes a long way in showing you’re putting the relationship first.
These are just a few things that are relationship killers. I’m sure there are more. Do you have any to share?
Empowering women to recreate their life stories and dance in their dreams~
Leave a Reply