I always run across advice for girls posts while reading the blogs of others. These posts usually focus on young girls, but here’s the thing…a lot of items on these lists can be applied at any age, plus we are all young at heart, right?
So here is my list of advice for girls, both young and old.
1. Don’t look for Prince Charming. He doesn’t exist except in fairy tales, but DO look for a man who will cherish you, honor his vows and treat you well.
2. Take pictures of everything, important or not. That’s why God made cell phones! Memories are the best but pictures help jog those things we sometimes forget.
3. Some friends are forever friends and some are there for a season. You can’t know this in advance and that’s okay. Enjoy them while they are in your life.
4. There are things in life that suck for everyone, like middle school, menopause and acne.
5. Don’t stress about being pretty enough or skinny enough or anything enough. You. Are. Enough. Always.
6. No one is perfect or confident all the time.
7. You will look back on this and laugh. Okay, so maybe you won’t laugh, but you will look back and see the lessons learned and the growth achieved.
8. Don’t be afraid to try new things, and even if you are afraid, try them anyway!
9. Change is inevitable. There is nothing you can do about it EVER. Embrace the change.
10. You have very little control over what happens to you or those you love. Letting go is a great way to live. It enables you to keep moving forward.
There are many lessons for young girls to learn about life, boys, themselves. Some lessons we continue to learn over and over all throughout our lives. The best advice to girls, both young and old, is to never stop growing.
What advice would you add to this list?