The whole Chick-Fil-A business left a bad taste in my mouth, and I’m not talking about the food. So here are some random thoughts of mine on the whole debacle.
1. There were a lot of stupid things said about this topic (both sides).
2. I wasted a lot of time reading all the comments and links on Facebook (both sides).
3. What does kissing have to do with it (both sides)? Get a room.
4. Chick-Fil-A probably employees a lot of people who are in same sex relationships and/or support same sex marriage. Closing this establishment would help them in what way?
5. Just because you read an article on the Internet and/or other places doesn’t make it true.
6. The media feeds on and into this stuff.
7. Just because you think you’re right doesn’t mean you are (both sides).
8. I cringe every time I see someone using scriptures from the Bible to show someone that they are wrong and/or are sinning (both sides).
9. I had concerns for the allegedly planned kiss-in. I could picture a fanatic religious wacko going into a CFA in lock and load mode.
10. Politics isn’t the answer.
11. If people would just treat others how they want to be treated, perhaps the world would be a better place.
12. There are “converts and digital natives” (don’t ask).
13. The truth of the statement “It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”, really came into play on this topic.
14. Intolerance begets intolerance.
15. Ones beliefs and opinions does not necessarily equal hate.
16. It is easier to see the splinter in the eye of another than the log in your own.
17. It is sad to see that people don’t understand they are guilty of the same acts as the other parties involved (both sides).
18. I read some intelligent and compassionate comments and opinions (both sides).
19. It saddens me to know there is a “both sides”.
20. I think I’ll put this one to bed.