I’m always talking about reasons to change, or even that change is both necessary and inevitable. Change is a good thing even when it doesn’t feel good.
Things Change is one such post I have recently written, as is The Funny Thing About Change. I find that I am experiencing these things in a big way at this point in my life. One such change is that of my son moving out of our home and into an apartment of his own.
Jacob is my oldest son and middle child. He is graduating from college in a few short weeks. He secured a good job but a move is required. Happens all the time, right?
Yeah, not to me though.
He lived at home while putting himself through school. He did well in school and at both places he worked. He seemed to handle all the changes well and is very equipped for life on his own. He is moving Saturday.
Did I say well equipped? All he has is the stuff in his room! This change is a stress-point for sure. It is for him and it is for me.
But change is good, just read the words from the graphic above.
1. You can’t grow if everything remains the same. This I know to be true but why is it so hard to implement?
2. Change will happen. Resisting it is pointless. No doubt about it, things are going to change. Why do we fight so hard to keep things the same?
3. Without change there’s no adventure in life. True story. And what would life be without adventure?
4. Change brings about new opportunities. Opportunities have a way of finding you once you are willing to accept that you have no power over change in the first place and prepare to embrace all that it brings.
5. Making progress requires change. Yes it does.
These are 5 great reminders of reasons to change. Change is going to happen, like it or not. Embrace the experience, learn the lessons and enjoy the ride even if it is unpleasant. You’ll miss it if you aren’t fully present and I wouldn’t want to miss a thing.
I always like what I read on the Facebook page of Advanced Life Skills. Check out their blog here!