I have a Beach Boys tune running through my head as I type this…Wouldn’t it be nice if we were older then we wouldn’t have to wait so long…but that’s not where I’m going with this post. It’s a life post, much like Tough Decisions, Breaking Up is Hard to Do and For Now We are Home.
Wouldn’t it be nice if there were never any plumbing problems to deal with, no loud, annoying noises made by cleaning out the pipes, especially right after you move into a new house? And yes, this really happened!
Wouldn’t it be nice if:
- life came with a complete manual explaining the proper etiquette on how to deal with every life situation?
- Mean Girls was just a movie and not a real-life experience for a lot of young ladies?
- no one ever got bullied or harassed?
- break-ups were easy and no one ever got hurt?
- we could eat all the chocolate in the world and never gain weight or risk health issues?
- our loved ones were never sick?
- flowers always bloomed?
- aging wasn’t a part of life and all that the process entails?
- there was no such thing as addiction and suicide?
- war, world hunger or poverty didn’t exists
- no one was ever abused or harmed in any way?
And now I have another song running through my head; Imagine by John Lennon: You may say that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.
We live in a real world with real people who have real problems.
That’s just the way it is…for now, anyway.
But wouldn’t it be nice?
What are you wishing could be different?